Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Times Square (1980)

(I originally put this post up because someone had put the full film up on YouTube, but it's subsequently been taken down. But I'm leaving the post up. Track down a copy!)

A lot of people rip on this film, but I think it's a classic.
It makes me happy that there's such great footage of Times Square 1980 in a film. The Nicky Marotta character is a prototype for all tough rocker chicks to come (obvious Suzi Quatro/ Runaways/ Joan Jett/ Lita Ford influence). And I had a crush on Trini Alvarado as a kid- she looks like all the girls I was enamored of in elementary school. Yeah, there's something not right about a 13 year old girl dancing in a scummy night club, but let's suspend belief for a few minutes and pretend she finds the strip club owner with a heart of gold. The film is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment